"March Meet the Maker" Highlights.....

https://www.instagram.com/evamaejewellery/
 
 
If you follow me on Instagram you will know that for the month of March I took part in "March Meet the Maker", an Instagram challenge to help tell your business story and as the title suggests is aimed at makers/creators.
 
I've never really done a challenge like this before, partly because I never think I am going to stick to it.....being super busy and in the middle of wedding fair season I left it until the last minute - quite literally.....I think it was about three minutes to midnight when I posted Day 1, so I nearly failed at the first hurdle!!!
 
You can of course dip in and out of the challenge, no one is going to tell you off! However with a little planning it wasn't too difficult, in fact it was quite a fun thing to do and nice to share a little bit more about Eva-Mae Jewellery. I also found new businesses to follow on Instagram and enjoyed reading about their business story too.
 
Running a small business is about so much more than just the product you are selling, it's the little details, like packaging, branding and you (the maker) that all combine to create an experience that customers want to be a part of and March Meet the Maker was a lovely way to talk about these little details.
 
I am quite impressed with myself that I completed every day - although I'll admit some days I did nearly forget and posts were slightly last minute! If you did read my posts, I hope you found them interesting and were able to find out a little more about the EMJ story and if you don't follow me on Instagram and would like to read all of the posts please click here.
 
As a little round up of the month I have picked the ten most liked posts (a big THANK YOU if you are one of the lovely people who did hit the 'like' button!) 
 
Enjoy....... 
 
Top 10 most popular posts from #MarchMeetTheMaker
 
Day 1 - You...
So the first day was all about me and whilst I'll happily talk about my jewellery all day long I don't think I've ever really talked too much about myself so this was an opportunity for people to find out a little bit about me AKA Eva-Mae Jewellery!  
Okay so this isn't a great photo, but it was the best I could find when I decided to take part in this challenge at the very last minute...I quickly scrolled through my phone and came up with this!
In fact, thinking about it this is probably one of the first photo's of me that I've put on Eva-Mae Jewellery's social media (no I'm not a natural at taking selfies!)
 
 
 
Day 3 - Workspace...
It may sound like a cliche but this really is one of my 'happy places' and to say that about a place of work makes me feel very lucky. I love that it can go from being just me sat quietly creating sparkly things to the excitement of bridal appointments with lots of fun trying on (and yummy cake of course!)
To book an appointment and experience some of the yummy cake, along with lots of sparkle...contact me here 

http://www.eva-mae.co.uk/index.php/contact
 
 
Day 4 - Tools...
Obviously an essential part of Eva-Mae Jewellery and these are some of my most used tools that I literally couldn't cope without. My favourite will always be my embroidery hoop which belonged to my Grandma and always makes me think of her when I use it.
 

 
Day 7 - How it's made...
Every piece of Eva-Mae Jewellery begins with a sketch, before playing around with the raw materials to come up with the final design. This image shows the design and creation process for the Beatrice Sash, a beautifully sparkly accessory which is the perfect accompaniment to a bridal gown. 

http://www.eva-mae.co.uk/index.php/2013-04-07-20-16-52/sashes/beatrice-sash-detail
 
 
Day 9 - Work in progress...
A bespoke version of the Rosie Hair Vine...a recent creation for an Eva-Mae Bride.

 
 
Day 14 - Creative friends...
This image was a repost from the super talented Elena Ferrara Couture's Instagram page. Elena launched her stunning bridal collection earlier this year and I strongly recommend that you take a look at her website where you will find, not only the most beautiful collection of bridal gowns but also the prettiest of bridal separates, such as this gorgeous cape - perfect to create an alternative look to your gown.

https://www.elenaferrara.co.uk/
 
 
Day 21 - Inspiration...
I chose a little selection of some of my favourite places to find inspiration...books, magazines, inspirational quotes and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, which I've seen some amazing exhibitions over the past few years and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the Balenciaga exhibition this year.

 
 
Day 26 - Why I do this...
The following quote answers this question perfectly...

 
 
Day 30 - Top tip...
Again, this quote is pretty self explanatory...for anyone starting or thinking of starting a new business one of the top tips I would say is to do exactly as this quote says!
Networking and meeting up with people who are in the same or similar business can be so helpful. I am a recommended supplier of The Wedding Guide UK and as part of this I am part of an amazing networking group who meet up regularly at some fabulous venues...it's nothing formal, more of a chat over coffee and sometimes yummy cake! But as Eva-Mae Jewellery is basically just me, it is so nice to meet up with people, sharing ideas, talking weddings and generally just making friends with lovely people who are in the same industry as me.

 
 
Day 31 - Customers...
This really is saving the best until last...my lovely customers, without whom there would be no Eva-Mae Jewellery! Whilst I'd happily sit and make sparkly things all day every day, when I receive a wedding photo of a REAL bride wearing MY creations it really is the icing on the (wedding) cake and the Gallery on my website is the most beautiful sight and makes me feel super proud to have played a part in so many lovely people's special days.
So if you have been an Eva-Mae Bride (yes that's your official title!) please, please keep on sharing your beautiful photo's xx

http://www.eva-mae.co.uk/index.php/gallery
 
 
Thanks for reading and don't forget if you would like to see the full month of this challenge take a look at my Instagram page by clicking here.
 Follow the Eva-Mae Jewellery story...

https://www.facebook.com/EvaMaeJewelleryhttps://twitter.com/evamaejewelleryhttps://www.instagram.com/evamaejewellery/https://uk.pinterest.com/evamaejewellery/
    

Comments

Popular Posts