REAL BRIDE...Cassie


Cassie's story...

It's always an absolute honour to be chosen by a Bride to Be to create her wedding sparkles but to be trusted to create something out of such a treasured item is extra special!

Cassie contacted me to ask if I would be able to create a hair accessory for her to wear on her wedding day using her Nana's tiara. It's always best to see the piece in real life so I suggested booking an appointment so that I could have a look at the tiara and see if reworking it would be possible.

Cassie and her mum came along to the studio with the tiara and immediately I could see what a beautiful piece it had been when it had been worn all those years ago and I was confident that I could rework it into something wearable for Cassie, whilst keeping as much of the original elements as possible.

A hair vine was Cassie's chosen style of hair accessory - similar in style and size as the Marian Vine, which was tried on in the studio.

After a lovely chat discussing ideas, the tiara was left with me to work a little Eva-Mae magic!

Creating the sparkles...

The original tiara.

The original settings were tarnished due to their age so I reset all of the diamante in new silver settings which instantly gave them the original sparkle that they would have had all those years ago on Cassie's Nana's wedding day.

With the diamante reset and rewired in the same design as the original stems, all of the elements were now ready to create Cassie's hair vine.

I was able to keep all of the pearl stems intact to incorporate as much of the original design as possible. This is always my aim when reworking a piece of jewellery, so I was delighted that I was able to use so many of the original elements in the finished hair vine.

To cover the wire on the length of the vine, I used the original thread which I'd managed to save from the tiara - this not only gave a neater finish to the design but it also another element from the tiara that could be replicated.

The finished hair vine!
Apart from the wire to construct the hair vine and the silver settings for the diamante every single piece is from the original tiara which I loved because it meant that you could still "see" the tiara within the hair vine. 

Safely wrapped in it's box and ready for the Bride to Be - it's always a lovely moment when a Bride sees her sparkles for the first time!

Finishing touches with some of the remaining pearls and diamante - earrings for Cassie and her Mum! As the tiara had belonged to Cassie's maternal Nana it was extra special that a piece of jewellery could be made for Cassie's lovely Mum.


Cassie's special day...
Beautifully captured by M&G Wedding Photography














Featured Suppliers...

Photographer - M&G Wedding Photography
Venue Stylist - Beatie Events
Makeup - Madison Croft
Bridal Shop - Treasured Brides
Dress Designer - Essense of Australia
Florist - Kerri Bailey
Cake - LS Cakery
Hair Accessory & Jewellery - Eva-Mae Jewellery


Thank you so much Cassie for trusting me with such a treasured piece of family jewellery and for sharing your stunning photographs xx

If you are one of my lovely Eva-Mae Brides and would like to be featured on my blog, I'd love you to be involved! Please email marie@eva-mae.co.uk and if you have a special piece of jewellery that you would like to incorporate into your wedding day - it could be a simple alteration or a complete rework like Cassie's hair accessory, please get in touch.

Love Marie x

Other blog posts you might enjoy...



Comments

Popular Posts